You will recive an Illustrator file
-10 brushes of different colors of pearls
-10 single pearls fully editable for you to make more colors or use as single
-Is fully size editable. It dosen't change it's round shape.
-Natural pearl color.
-Ai. Illustrator file
-Digital Cards, Notes, Posters etc... (You can also print it!)
-Embelishment for your digital work!
-Finishes for fashion sketching
-Web design a
WHAT VERSION OF ILLUSTRATOR DO I NEED TO USE THE FILES?
We support Illustrator CS5 and newer. Due to the fact that we are a community built platform and sell designs from multiple designers, not all files are automatically back saved to CS5. If the files you purchase are not compatible with your version of Illustrator (CS5 or newer), we're happy to back save the files for you. Please email us after ordering for any additional support. Alternatively, you can download a free trial of the latest version of Illustrator to open the file and back save on your own.
I'VE PLACED MY ORDER - NOW WHAT?
Your file(s) will automatically be delivered via email after you've placed your order. While most orders are delivered immediately, be patient and please wait 5-10 minutes before contacting us about getting your downloads, and be sure to check your spam folder as well. If your files have not arrived in 10 minutes, please get in touch and we'll work with you to make sure you get what you bought!
WHAT IS A VECTOR FILE?
A vector file is a type of graphic file that is created mathematically using points and lines as opposed to a raster image which is created using pixels. Vector allows for infinite scaling and manipulation without loss of resolution. In order to use a vector file, you'll need a vector editing software such as Adobe Illustrator.
WHAT DOES THE FILE CONTAIN?
File downloads include a vector (EPS or AI) file of the artwork. In order to use a vector file, you'll need a vector editing software such as Adobe Illustrator. Some files may contain additional file types such as SVG, PDF or JPG graphics. Please read the product description to see what the download includes.
HOW DO I UNZIP A FILE?
Once you have purchased a file, you will receive an email with a link to download a ZIP file. The file can be unzipped by using one of many free programs (often there is already software on your computer to do so). If you do not have the software to unzip the file, you can download one for Windows at http://www.7-zip.org/ or one for Mac at http://www.zipeg.com/.
Please browse the Adobe Illustrator tutorials that are available for free in our Illustrator Stuff School. There are a variety of quick video and written tutorials that will help you maximize your use of files.
Below are some quick tips on using some of the files.
Brushes must be manually installed to be used in other AI files. Do this by following these steps:
- Save the AI file downloaded file in a logical location (ie the AI Brushes folder, or somewhere you keep your AI brushes)
- Open the brush panel in Illustrator (Window > Brushes) and load the brushes into your file by choosing the flyout from the brush panel, choosing Open Brush Library > Other Library and browse out the AI file wherever you saved it. This will automatically load a brush library with the brushes contained in that file.
- You can also copy the instance of the brush on the artboard and paste it into your new document – if you watch the brush panel you will see it will automatically add that brush.
- To apply the brush to your artwork, select a path and then select the brush you want to use from the brush panel.
- Where applicable, brushes are set up to easily change color by changing the color of the stroke.
- You can change the size of the brush by changing the size of the stroke, or by editing the brush scale by double clicking on the brush in the brush panel and adjust the scale from 100% to a smaller or bigger size. This will then affect all instances of the brush on the artboard.
- To change the directionality of a brush instance (for example flip the teeth on an open zipper brush), select the instance of the brush and from the bottom of the brush panel choose "Options of Selected Object" (wording may be slightly different depending on what version of AI you are on) and choose "Flip Across" or "Flip Along" with the Preview on to get the desired result.
- NOTE: When you save files with pattern brushes in them, the brushes in the brush panel will still be there the next time you open the file.
Repeating patterns can be saved as libraries and loaded into other AI files.
- Save the AI file downloaded file in a logical location (ie the AI Patterns folder, or somewhere you keep your AI patterns)
- Open the swatches panel in Illustrator (Window > Swatches) and load the swatches into your file by choosing the flyout from the swatch panel, choosing Open Swatch Library > Other Library and browse out the AI file wherever you saved it. This will automatically load a swatch library with the swatches contained in that file.
- To fill your illustrations with the swatches, simply choose the pattern swatch for either the fill or stroke portion of your object.
- You can also copy the instance of the swatch on the artboard and paste it into your new document – if you watch the swatch panel you will see it will automatically add that swatch.
- To scale, rotate or manipulate the pattern independent of the object or with the object, select the object and choose Object > Transform > Scale (or whatever other transformation you want) and from that dialog, either check or uncheck "Transform Patterns" / "Transform Objects".
- NOTE: When you save files with pattern swatches in them, the swatches in the swatch panel will still be there the next time you open the file.
Open the file in Illustrator and begin editing and working with it as needed.
STILL NEED MORE HELP?
Get in touch and we'll coordinate to get you the technical support you need!